Sunday, February 17, 2008

Gong Xi Fa Cai

Chinese New Year just seems to be getting a lot quieter here in KL. Gone were the days where it resembles a ghost town 10 years ago. Though the streets were free of the usual congestion, you could still tell many didn't leave the bustling city.

But this will be the final year where I thought I could earn my riches like I used to back when I was young. And boy has 2008 been a bountiful year for me. Up till today, which is the 11th day of Chinese New Year, I have shamelessly received 24 red packets.

Photobucket

With 4 more days to go, 24 is on the high side. The amount doesn't matter much, but with each passing year, the "When are you getting married?" remarks seems more frequent.

Well, fret not everyone. For this shall be the last year I am to be on the receiving side. So, line up everyone; nephews, nieces, cousins, friends and friend's children. I heard it's a tradition to give 2 red packets during the inaugural year and someone even told me it's fun to give out them out. I just hope she wasn't lying to me :P hahahahah

No comments: