Sunday, July 27, 2008

Street Party at 1U

I'm not a fan of street parties. Not because I don't enjoy it if the party is interesting. Mainly because of the crowd, the conditions imposed ie. like no outside food because they want to sell their ridiculously priced tidbits, snacks and drinks, and most importantly, the heat or sweat I will have to endure.

To compensate the heat I anticipate, I asked my fiancee to buy me a mini portable fan. And it was from Mark & Spencer. Yes, I've already surveyed it before, seeing that I would probably need it when I am in my wedding day attire. And I wanted 2, just in case 1 broke down. RM29, would you believe it? Even she can't comprehend that I would spend that money on a fan.


Photobucket


I must admit, I haven't been to many concerts at all in my entire life. Musical shows, yes, not concerts. The opening act is a farce I tell ya. People didn't come to watch Daniel, our Malaysian Idol. People didn't come to watch some AIM winner whom I don't even know but maybe others do. People came to watch,
Daughtry. Doors opened at 7pm, opening acts were f#@!*?g 3 hours. To make matters worse, it was drizzling. Sure, many were having fun. But there were no itinerary for us to know what was in store. And by the time Daughtry came out, my mood was dampened. So was my fiancee, who was shocked when I told her we're going for a street party. She knows me so well actually, more than I know myself sometimes.

Andddddddd, they didn't allow cameras in? Video recorders I get, but cameras? Geez, how sad can that be?
Traffic Jam, brought to you by Sony Ericsson and held at One Utama, Central Park Avenue was a let down for me. And maybe just me alone. So, without a camera, this was what I could get using my 'antique' Nokia N73.

Photobucket


Heck, I can't even get a decent photo with a poster with that phone.


Photobucket
My head's glowing, can you see, can you see?

And to top it off, after 4 years and 7 months of driving my car with High Intensity Discharge (HID) light, I got my first summons when I decided to leave the street party half an hour after Daughtry appeared. I'm gonna send it to Daughtry.

No comments: