Thursday, November 20, 2008

Bangkok - First Time

I was so looking forward to getting away from KL, after weeks of being bogged with wedding details. And getting off the plane, made me realise that it has all been worthwhile, tagging my wife along with me on this honeymoon.

Now, this is my first trip to Bangkok and I had no expectations of what it would be like. The air is polluted, the streets are clogged, with cars and people alike. And to make my experience worse, I developed a fever couple of hours after arriving there. Yes, my body finally had time to break down after running around on my wedding day. My poor wife had to take care of me in the hotel room that evening, and I slept through that evening/night without taking her anywhere. And behind our room was a rail line, which the darn drivers can't seem to take their hands off their horns.

Would I return to Bangkok? Yes, if only for the mega malls, namely, Siam Paragon & Central World. The former had to be my favourite of them all. Paragon itself has its own departmental store all on its own and within it, mega brands were aplenty. It was akin to walking around Pavilion in Kuala Lumpur.

And how they deco their display shelves was simply attractive.

Rows of candles

Pens
And this is only one of many rows of pens, I can't find such varieties in KL

You know, all this while I never tried Auntie Anne's while I was in Malaysia. Fearing I would have nothing else to eat but Tom Yam all the time, I settled for a pretzel while feeling peckish. And I enjoyed it. Very nice indeed. Trust me to go to Bangkok to try this instead of back home.

Pretzel

They even had a Lamborghini Murcielago on display in the mall outlet. How cool is that?

Photobucket

When I recovered the 2nd day, we walked a little bit more and were able to see what goes on at night after seeing all the props and all during the day. They can publicly have beer festivals just outside of the mall. And there were many of them.

Chang Beer

VIP

The only cute thing I saw there was the restroom doors at Baiyoke Boutique Hotel where we stayed.
No time to visit any of the infamous Tiger Shows nor any of the temples, which the latter having no pull factor on me.

Cute
Do you know which to go to?

Well, I'm still in Phuket now. Will share my thoughts on it at a later date.

Sandy Love

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

heloo I guess you were unlucky in Bangkok hehhehe, maybe cause its ur first time and Kl weather is humid Bangkok is dryer so you got sick.... but if you are out of town area its cool like at my place....
Next time when u come to Bangkok call me i take you around....

Mom and her frens had a good time here..

Anonymous said...

How true! Grass on the other side is always greener.
FYI, pretzels in Malaysia taste just as good la.
Hey, we stayed in Baiyoke Sky Tower previously. Is the boutique hotel next to it?

Amanda said...

Hey! I am a fellow Malaysian too. Just passed by your blog and I happen to be going to Thailand soon. I love it there! So anyway, you said that there isn't a lot of varieties - how true. However, currently I am staying in the Philippines and it is a lot worst here. Hehe. By the way there is this fab ART STORE in Malaysia I am not sure if you have been there yet. XD Please comment back