Sunday, January 13, 2008

Crash Boom Bang

There is this short song that goes like that

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Woe, despair and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Woe, despair and agony on me"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. Oh, I was floating alright, then came the stung. It happened in a similar fashion when I was in my late teens. Then, I was running across a road in the rain. The moment I jumped onto the curb, I slipped. I threw myself forward so that I don't fall backward. Next I knew, "crash", a lamp post came between my eyes and it became a starry moment for the next minute or so. The humiliation.

I was at Chef & Brew in Bukit Damansara yesterday, and it was kinda dejavu for me to see the same thing happening again. Well, almost.

It rained, as you would have it. Dotter offered to take a group photo of all of us after dinner. But nooooo, I wanted everyone to be in the photo too. So, I took the camera away from her, placed it on a flat surface, put on the timer, focus, click and it was ready. All it needed was for me to get back to the group within 10 seconds. The camera did snap a photo but it wasn't how it was meant to be.

Photobucket

Not clear enough?

Photobucket

Rushing to get into the frame, I slipped the moment I went up the step. Again, I threw myself forward, crashing on my right knee and my wrist instinctively went down to cushion the fall. I could have sworn at that very moment, I broke my wrist. The excruciating pain was just unbearable at that time. After a few minutes on the floor gripping my wrist, I got up. My dotters told me to go see a 'ta tit'. What in the world is that? Well, stubborn old me. I have yet gone to see one. I'm typing this aren't I? It hurts when I move it around much. No external swelling is visible. I presume the injury is a little crack in my wrist somewhere. We'll see how it is if and when the pain subsides before I decide on my next course of action. Till then, some TLC and restricted wrist movement will do.

Hmpth, and one of my dotter was still posing for the photo.

No comments: