Thursday, January 24, 2008

Sunway Parking

I've been biased. Having only written a review on Pavilion and The Gardens, I didn't see the need to do one on Sunway Pyramid. Well, I was wrong.

They have revamped their parking lot and I must say, it is fantastic. The management and designer has been very considerate to the plight of nomad motorist, turning in vain in search of a vacant parking bay. They derived a system worthy of mentioning in my blog.

Driving in, I notice there were these LED signages. They serve to inform us how many parking bays are available. Now, if you've been to Genting Highlands, they too have this system. But it only shows something like "444 bays available". Well, eat your heart out Mr. Lim. Sunway Pyramid's signs are on every row, indicating how many empty bays are available in that row, read this, in REAL TIME.

Get ready for this, they even have proximity sensors in each and every parking bay. When a vehicle is parked, the sensor which is located just above the vehicle will activate and a light located in front will turn red. Likewise, when the bay is empty, the light in front will show green. How ingenius is that? A first in Malaysia?

red to inficate occupied

green to indicate empty

I am very appreciative of what they have done, and i'm sure the same can be said for many motorists as well.

No comments: