Monday, December 3, 2007

When Is A Wedding Not A Wedding

Doesn't this fella have any dignity in him? Heck, doesn't the bride have any dignity in herself? Hell, don't they have dignity for each other? Since when is the union of 2 person in love not enough? Yeah, so I've read and heard that professional bloggers makes lotsa money from blogging. But to ask for sponsors in this manner leaves one wondering, do they even love each other? Or are they doing it just to turn it into a money making scheme?

Pathetic

Oh please, spare me the suggestions that they have no money. Both are working adults and earning from their blogs through advertisements as well. Unless they are gonna donate ALL their ang pows to the poor and needy, their union is a business sham. If a grand wedding is beyond their affordability, scrap what you don't need and have a meaningful wedding where close friends and families attend. And I cannot and will not support organizations that sponsors such a cause.

He quotes : "You may be surprised to know we have a simple wedding, because I just want to share my happiness moment with my family members and friends. That is what its all about….Happiness" What a load of crap!

Wedding is a moment when 2 person starts a journey of a lifetime together. When you have sponsors whom you don't even know well attending your wedding, is there any meaning to it anymore? These couple will probably say yes, afterall, they have already received the sponsorship and will most likely pocket all the ang pows. No matter how enterprising one is, this wedding is a shame to those who wed for love and humility. I fear what you will teach your next generation the lessons in life.

Don't matter if by putting this link http://www.probloggerwedding.com/ will indirectly make their blog more popular, but people need to know who they are. And if you know this couple, share your thoughts on what you ACTUALLY think.

True, I don't know you to judge you. But when you advertise yourself on a blog and in the media, you put yourself before others to be judged. So, don't tell others not to judge you like what you said to this blogger.

5 comments:

Spellbound said...

I’m all into new media marketing opportunities but unless you are well-known celebrities, commercializing your wedding is plainly shameless.

I wonder if their relatives and friends invited to the wedding are so gullible to still give them angpow knowing their scheme?

Anonymous said...

i did not mean I was doing charity. It was taken out of context. I have told YC about this. And she should not have revealed my personal email info and subjected me to spammers

MatJun said...

I do know it isn't a charity and I salute your gung-ho for doing this, despite knowing fully well you'll get the good and the bad all in the same basket. I'm getting married soon too but somehow I don't see how subjecting myself or my future wife to this kind of publicity reaps any other benefits besides income. Irregardless, my congrats to the both of you on your wedding.

Anonymous said...

hi mat, congrats on ur wedding too

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.