Tuesday, September 11, 2007

1 Cent Opinion on 1 Cent

Ever come across 1 cent(s) on the streets? Do we pick them up because it has value or do we ignore it for fear of being seen as a scavenger or cheapskate?

Well, one thing's for sure, a restaurant I visited yesterday assumes you don't value them as much as they do. A visit to Nando's KLCC was all it takes to stop me from donating my hard earned money to them in the future. Their cleanliness leaves much to be desired and the quality of the food has somewhat dropped according to my taste bud.

We asked for the bill a short while later and it came to RM40.83. Now, it doesn't take a genius to compute that a payment of RM50 would have a change of RM9.17. The waitress instead came back with RM9.10. What the heck happened to the 7cts? It would have been more acceptable if it was RM9.15. And if they didn't have any 1 cents or 5 cents, they should return RM9.20. Shortchanging customers was not the way to earn a tip. Rather than make a fuss, much to my girlfriend's frustration, I decided not to frequent that outlet anymore.

No comments: