Thursday, September 20, 2007

My Ex

There was a time you could live without them. I really can't recall when I had my first but it was a moment of pure joy back then. The curves was simply amazing. And that was a Nokia 3210 mind you. Not my fault you thought of something else.

Since then, I've had numerous, as I shall try to recall, mobile phones to suit my different moods and taste. All phones were sold prior to getting a new model, except the N73. Let's start ...

Nokia 3210
- long batt life due to mono screen, slim back then
Nokia 8850
- small in size, premium, though buttons & slider was kinda flimsy
Nokia 8910
- pop up slider, bought a month before color screen came out #@!*&%
Nokia 6600
- well crafted, first camera phone for me, sturdy (found out after running my car over it and was still alive and kicking)
Sony Ericsson T630
- unstable software, not as user friendly as Nokia but got used to it after a while
Sony Ericsson S700i
- won me over with it's camera quality, external storage, media capabilty
iPaq 6365
- friend sold to me at a great price, tried and tested for a week, decided it was too bulky and sold it at a higher price
Motorola L7
- it's slimness, batt life and functions were great, though Motorola fares worse when it comes to user friendliness

Nokia 8800
- cream of the crop, love everything about it except for it's lousy batt life and lack of external storage. Seeing a colleague of mine with it recently was a dejavu moment. And I wasn't surprised when she crap about the battery
Sony Ericsson P990i
- it's Wifi was not as I expected, software was slow to respond and bulky unless you detach it's keypad
Nokia N73 (did not sell)
- read comments below

Nokia 8600 Luna
- i'm a sucker for 8 series Nokia. But then realised, camera + external storage is important
Nokia N73
- let's just say, I've been using this for approx 9 months now. It's camera features are great. At 3.2 megapixels + autofocus + flash, it outshone the Nokia 8600 Luna a great deal. Great screen, acceptable batt life, external storage, reasonably sized, I'm hard pressed to find a better mobile phone.

May my old phones rest in peace, wherever they may be. Till the next 8 series Nokia appears .....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your exes will be so touched!
In rememberance of each & everyone of them. N73, you are the chosen one! For now. hahahahah!

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.