Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Ratatouille In The Making

Ah, food. Everyone loves them. This is Malaysia for goodness sake. We live to eat or do we eat to live? I'd prefer the former if you'd asked me. But I tell ya, if I have to cook to eat, it better be worth my time and effort.

Cooking has not been my forte. Not that I don't like to, but because I don't fancy the preparation that comes with it. Not to mention the cleaning up once you're done. So, the only advantages I can think of is the fact you only cook what you like. That means no onions, no chillies, no curries, you get my sniff. You want a list of what I have always cooked or tried over the years? Get your fingers and toes ready, coz that's all you need.

1. Instant Noodles (ingredients : eggs, prawns, meat balls)
2. Fried Luncheon Meat
3. Fried BBQ Pork Sausages
4. Fried Rice
5. Porridge
6. Steam Fish
7. French Beans + prawns

Ok, you can put your toes down. So, coming back from Sabah, I had bought myself a supposedly fresh red promphet fish. Eager not let the freshness get away, a gourmet menu was prepared last Saturday to fill 2 bellies. Steam fish and french beans, yet again. What were you expecting?

Anyway, I'm grateful that preparation for both the dishes were fairly simple and straight forward. Removing the scales of the fish was tedious, especially when they started flying all over the kitchen. That would be the only time I'd buy a fish all the way from Sabah.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Pictures taken using a Sony Cybershot DSC-F77A

Dare I be bolder next time? Any volunteers to be my guinea pig?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Pictures taken using a Panasonic Lumix LX2

4 comments:

Spellbound said...

I think the Sony Cybershot DSC-F77A takes better pics than the Panasonic Lumix LX2. Or maybe it was just that the photographer is more talented?

Anonymous said...

I believe it's neither the camera nor talent....the pics could have been digitally enhanced. Just bring on the real stuff to me for my rating.

Anonymous said...

I think the french beans looks good but why put 'fei chi yok' on the steam fish?

MatJun said...

Mum has taught me that fei chi yok oil will soften the fish meat