Monday, September 10, 2007

Touch Me Please

Apples ..... one a day to keep the doctors away, or so they say. In this case, it's not working. The anticipation of the iPod Touch in our shores are pushing my pulse rate to soar ever so dangerously. Just look at it and tell me you aren't slivering now. And when you go through it's feature rich specs and design ingenuity, tell me it's not sending shivers down your spine. Auto rotate, one of a kind touch navigation & WIFI are amongst it's killer features.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
With some prodding, I was soon informed that it's arrival would be sometime this week or next. I was jumping around like a kid when discovered it's impending arrival. I currently own a 4th generation 20GB iPod (non-Photo/Video) and have been eyeing a replacement of late. Damn lucky of me seeing I was close to purchasing a 30GB iPod Video only 2 weeks ago.

Ok, the downsides of this unit, if it was a downside. 16GB is not a lot these days. Combine my music and photos archive, I would have to occupy at least 11GB already. And I presume 16GB is not what is fully available, seeing it comes preloaded with an operating system, unlike the older iPod which is basically, just a portable storage unit. What about videos? The other would be my inability to find a stylus in their specs. If it doesn't come with it, it would be difficult then for me to use the calendar, contacts or other built-in applications. Well, let's hope that it does.

Though pricing has yet to be released, I reckon it wouldn't stop the die-hard Apple fans from snapping all available units within days. Stay tuned for reviews if I'm lucky enough to get hold of one and ever so lightly touch it.

No comments: