Monday, October 1, 2007

Gardens vs Pavilion

Sunway Pyramid, One Utama, Megamall Mid Valley, Suria KLCC, Lot 10, Sungai Wang Plaza, Starhill. One would have thought it's more than we could handle, but noooooooo, they want more of our hard earned money. And we were gullible enough to fall for it.

The Pavillion

With the established Starhill, KL Plaza & Lot 10 lining up just opposite of it, one wonders what more could the Pavilion offer to the public. My jaw dropped when I saw all my favourite retail shops under one roof. Not only were they there, many of them were on multiple floors.

OMG! 3 Levels of Esprit

Inside Esprit

TopShop


Donuts for breakfast? Now wait a minute, is it donuts or doughnuts? British and Americans, why can't they synchronise.

Yummy

Donuts Process
J.Co Donuts

Man, the mall was huge. We were there from 10:20am till about 4pm, and we haven't even entered most of the shops. It was good training for what I might have to go thru in Japan.


It's Huge

I'll let the pictures speak for itself.

They Sell Nice Cutleries

So Cozy ...Zzzzzz

Have A Banana

Harvey Norman For Chic Mums

it's expensive to raise kids

Books Galore

can't wait for it to open

Poh Kong models

you can buy whatever you like



Baby Lily is the 'alleged' owner of Miss Whatever.

Copyright Disclaimer : This video is not related to Miss Whatever at The Gardens @ Mid Valley or anywhere else. It shall be removed if the owner so request it.


The Gardens @ Mid Valley

Gelatissimo Ice-Cream, this was what greeted me the moment I entered. I was in love already. Unfortunately, it was way too early for them.

slurpppppppp

It looks huge as well, with Lower Ground going all the way to the 4th Floor. The mall was longish like Mid Valley. Yet, it is dwarfed when compared to the Pavillion.

The Gardens

I miss you

i'm in construction line anyway

bet Massa can't handle this beast

those were the days

Dare I enquire the ticket price?

GSC Signature

Isetan Departmental Store

who's the boss?

i'm staying away

This particular staff in Funky Mama came out just as I was about to snap this photo and was all over me, just to tell me I'm not allowed to take photographs, "Management Policy". I've taken so many and this was the only one that stopped me. I sure ain't buying mummy's clothings from her next time.

snobbish

Calvin Klein, one would assume their staff to be efficient and knowledgeable. I was enquiring on a particular jacket and it had no price tag. No price? That in itself is a scary thought already. But seeing him and his colleague fumbling about to get the price was humorous. After a good 5 minutes of waiting, I left and told them to just get the price. I might be back. And came back I did, an hour later. The price?

mummy

Need I say more? On their service desk, there was this sign;

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I was flabbergasted that he did not know about it and was searching high and low for the wallet when I wanted to have a look at it. Oh, this is the Calvin Klein within Isetan. Having visited Calvin Klein that was on the Grd Floor, it fared no better with employees speaking like ruffians. Mr Klein's name has been tarnished. Now, did I buy anything above RM1,000?

Pros and Cons

Both were competing with each other to complete ahead of schedule. And due to that, they sacrifice finishing and completion. Ceilings were incomplete, escalators were squeeky, certain floors were incomplete as we were greeted by a wall when the lift doors opened to one of the floors at the Pavilion. It was no better at the Gardens, floors and many areas were dusty. Railings were cordoned and lacquering was still being applied on the wood finishes. The Gardens still had employees manning parking ticket counters instead of automated parking. Something which doesn't make sense when they have huge hi-tech touch screen directories on every floor. I am also saddened that GSC has only design and catered to the higher income group of cinema goers. What about poor me?

Quality of shops are nonetheless nothing short of spectacular. From mid to top of the range apparels and brands, they can be found in both Pavilion and Gardens. Having said that, it is not suprising that the Pavilion holds the upper edge in retail outlets due to their bigger floor area. It was an experience just walking these 2 fantastic and spanking new malls. Wear a good pair of sneakers or slippers and you're all set. Now I'm ready for Japan or am I?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh surely you cant be that poor if you had the intention to buy a CK jacket!

I dont even go near these places to start with!

Great pix. Good Job!

s.kuan said...

hi,

just blog hopping. nice blog :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Im writing to tell you that I checked out Funky Mama Maternity, ..the shop is fantastic and the service warm even if I only bought a piece.... perhaps if you wanted to get photos of shops in a mall you should just be polite and ask for permission first right? Happy blogging...